This time of year there are Farmer’s Markets in many locations. Here are five things you need to know:
- Go early but not too early. The best stuff goes fast and the farmer might not have a lot.
- Go late but not too late. Some farmers discount produce toward the end of the day so they dont have to carry it back to the farm.
- Ask questions. Not all food sold at farmer’s markets is organically grown or sold by the person who did the growing.
- Bring your own bags and baskets. You’ve got to get it all back to the car.
- Bring a cooler to store meats, fish, milk, cheese and prepared foods to keep them fresh and allow you to maximize your time at the market.